Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice School!

Well, we retained our power, which is a good thing considering how many people in our area did not. I think that my biggest fear about losing power was not having heat, so I had gone out on Friday to Academy and bought an indoor-safe propane heater. I think that this purchase was what guaranteed that our power would remain on because it seems that when you prepare for the worst, the worst passes you by. So I think that I deserve an award or something for single-handedly preventing the worst of the storm from reaching our city! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday, Bear was complaining that her stomach was bothering her, so she spent most of the morning lying on her bed, listening to "Ramona Quimby, Age 8" on the tape player. Sometimes I have my doubts when she begins to complain of illness, but I hate to assume that she's faking it only to find out that she's really sick. That's one of the benefits of homeschooling, I guess! I don't have to worry about keeping her home from school because she's "sick", only to find out she is fine and I don't have to worry about sending her to school thinking she's faking, only to have her puke on the teacher or something. We just started school at about 10:30 and finished up after lunch!
* On a side note, I don't really think she was faking. Usually when she's faking, she gives it up in about 15 minutes and is up and running around. Yesterday morning, she was quiet in her room for about 2 hours!! *
I'm starting to get a wee bit stir crazy. I like not having anywhere to go, but at the same time, seeing as I've not left the house in 48 hours now, I'm feeling the need to go somewhere. Anywhere. I don't care where. Target*, the grocery store, the library, the gas station...makes no difference to me, I just need to see something other than these walls. I guess I might change my mind though, once I feel the bitter, eye-numbing cold outside. It's easy to want to go somewhere when you're sitting, snuggled warm in your bed with your laptop, listening to The Kids playing PBSkids.com and singing "Hevenu Shalom Elequem"! (Forgive the horrible spelling, I'm not actually Jewish so I don't really know how to spell Jewish words!)
*I'll make practically any excuse to go to Target!

No comments: