Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fun with "The Tens Place"


Well, our math curriculum has introduced "the ones place" and "the tens place". (This is one of those things that I never would have thought to cover) And, in trying to teach it, I'm having difficulty explaining it!!! I've run across several things to teach that I just take for granted that I know, therefore, I have problems explaining it in Kindergarten terms!

So, of course, I got on the computer and made a chart and some big numbers that can be stuck on with velcro. Ched laughs at me all the time because I don't ever just get out paper and a marker and make a chart, I have to get on the computer and make a "fancy" one. I tell him that it's not that I want it to be particularly fancy, I just want it to be neat and tidy, with straight lines and even spaces, and I would not be able to do that by hand! (I think there's a part of me that's a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to things like that.) But, of course, Bear thought it was neat, and I think it really helped her understand. Plus, it was just fun to play with.

No comments: