Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sewing!

One of the things that Bear asked for, over and over, for Christmas was "a kid's sewing set". Well, she got one from her Aunt Melessa and she was THRILLED! It's a kit that came with three felt "sewing" projects, a cross-stitch project, and a needlepoint project, and it's just perfect for her age and skill level. I think she's asked almost every day since she got it if she could do one of the projects, so on Wednesday, I decided that we could make sewing part of our school day. One of the things that Bear struggles with a little bit is losing her concentration while she's working and taking FOREVER to finish tasks. So I told her that we would do sewing as our last activity if she got the other things done in a timely manner. As you can see by the pictures, she got her stuff done and had a great time making her purse. I had to help a bit with the knotting of the yarn and braiding the handle, but she did the rest of it herself! I was so proud of her!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

That is so great!
Madison has been doing a lot of hand stitching. We bought the materials to make an apron using my machines, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. It has been so long since I used a pattern or anything that I will be learning again right along with her.
How fun!