Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wait a minute...I thought it was finally fall?

I had to laugh when I looked at the title of my previous post because as I sit here and type, it is a whopping 91 degrees outside and I'm left wondering where in the heck fall went! I mean, I've heard of "Indian Summer" but I always thought that having one of those meant that the days got a little warmer (cresting in the high 70's or something) after a short period of actual cool weather....not days that leave you panting for a swimming pool and a nice cool glass of lemonade! I mean, it's like we're back in the middle of summer!!

But, enough griping about the weather...I've done that on my other blog already (just yesterday, in fact!)...this is a homeschooling blog, so that's what I should talk about here, right?

Well, we didn't have school this past Friday because I was getting ready for The Camping Extravaganza - which was fun and perfect and everything! I had intended to have school, but it took so much time to get everything together that I just couldn't do it. I just figured that I'd use my lesson that I had planned for Friday on Monday, but then we didn't end up having school on Monday either! We got home at about 7:30 on Sunday I had forgotten that it takes so much time to get a house back in order after a vacation. So, we took Monday off and I got everything put away and began the laundry and things like that.

So we officially came back to school TODAY, using the lessons from last Friday as well as some of the worksheets that didn't get finished from last Thursday. I've begun to add in some grammar lessons from the Total Reading First Grade book that we use so we've talked recently about "telling sentences" that end in a period and we've from nouns to verbs. Nothing really exciting. I decided to use our spelling list from last week for this week since we didn't have a spelling test on Friday. Bear had fun this morning because I printed out some sentences that I made up with blanks for putting in the spelling words. For example "Do not ________ the door when you go out!" (slam) I think she really enjoyed the puzzle aspect of the game, trying to figure out which words went in the blanks.




Last week (or maybe the week before, I can't remember!) Deco actually wanted to do his very own worksheet! So I picked one out of the Total Preschool book that I had bought for him and he got to work. One sheet was counting to one and the other was finding and coloring all the circles in the picture and, while neither was very hard for him, he seemed to enjoy having his own work to do. He LOVED getting to put it in the Papa Folder and show it to Ched when he got home!

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Preschoolers are such fun! :)

Glad you are home!