Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Am I Becoming an Unschooler?

No, just kidding, I don't think I am...overalll...becoming an "unschooler". But it sure felt like it today! My best friend was bringing her son over for me to babysit while she and her husband took their daughter to the doctor. So Bear and I finished most of her reading packet from yesterday, and then, later on, we played "Auntie Pasta's Fraction Game" and a reading game that came with Scholastic Workbook 7. (She didn't finish her reading packet yesterday because it became a reaaalllllyyyy tough day and so I said we'd finish it today.) And then, tomorrow, I'm watching my neighbors children while they go to a funeral. That's not until 10:30, though, so we should have plenty of time to get school most of the way finished before they get here. I just don't like it when we have too many days off kilter with school because I begin to feel very out of control.
On a "Life" note, we got our Christmas decorations up this weekend. Well, The Kids and I finished putting the tree up yesterday. We actually bought it on Saturday but we couldn't bring it inside because it had huge chunks of snow on the branches and we had to wait for it to thaw! It's a beautiful tree! This was the first year that Deco really got into the decorating, so we had a lot of fun.
OH, and I went to Target today and got Bear the Easy-Bake Oven - WOOHOO! I had a rain check from an after-Thanksgiving sale, so I was able to get it for $13. The great thing is that when I was putting her to bed, she said "One thing I really really REALLY want is one of those oven things!" YAY! Oh, I can't wait to see her open it! And I'm also excited because Deco is really enjoying playing with the Playmobil nativity set that we have out, so this looks REALLY good toward him liking the Playmobil pirate sets that he's getting for Christmas!
I love, love, love the Christmas season! Everything about it!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I LOVE it when I know that I have that one special thing that one of mine wants. It is an amazing feeling! I have done so little Christmas shopping! Jeff and I are going to go together one night as soon as his mom is ready to keep the kiddos. I should be picking up more here and there, but am finding it hard now that I am homeschooling and not out by mysef hardly at all. Oh well, it will get done. We are really enjoying Christmas. I'm like you...I just love everything about it!

JakesMom said...

Hi Lisa - love your blog! It's great. And I'm totally with you on the while "chenille stems" issue! What's up with THAT?!?!? :)

Peggy