Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Today in school...

I had Bear read one of the pages in her "Reading Practice Book" that I made for her out of the Ordinary Parents Guide... book. I think that I may get on the computer and make up some stories of my own to add to that book. The only problem with it the way it currently is is that there's no continuity to what she's reading. There might be two little paragraphs on a page that correlate somehow, but, for the most part, it's composed of random sentences.
We did a little bit of a "science experiment" that involved drawing with lemon juice on paper and letting it dry. We'll go back later today (or tommorow) and hold the paper over a lightbulb so that the "ink" will brown up (a'la invisible ink) and you'll be able to see what was written. The "experiment" comes from the same book that the other two FAILED experiments came from, so it remains to be seen whether or not this one will work!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I saw that in a little book that I was looking at a few nights ago. You will have to let me know if it works!
Sherri

Dy said...

If the lightbulb fails, try using a clothes iron and ironing it - works like a charm! :-)

Dy